- Prof. Dani Kotlar
- Associate Professor
- Computer Science
Combinatorics and Graph Theory, Cryptography, Programming
I received my B.Sc. (1986) and M.Sc. (1987) in mathematics from the Technion, and my Ph.D. in Mathematics from the University of Oregon (1992). I have been a faculty member at Tel-Hai College since 1996
Combinatorics and Graph Theory, Extremal problems Matroid Theory
Introduction to Computer Science (Python)
Logic in Computer Science
Programming in C#
Introduction to Cryptography
- D. Kotlar, E. Roda and R. Ziv, On sequential basis exchange in matroids, under review
- R. Stones, R. Falcon, D. Kotlar, T. Marbach, Computing autotopism groups of partial Latin rectangles, J. Experimental Algorithmics, to appear (2020).
- R. Stones, R. Falcon, D. Kotlar, T. Marbach, Computing autotopism groups of partial Latin rectangles: a pilot study, Computational and Mathematical Methods, https://doi.org/10.1002/cmm4.1094 (2020).
- E. Danan, R. Falcon, D. Kotlar, T. Marbach, R. Stones, Refining invariants for computing autotopism groups of partial Latin rectangles, Discrete Mathematics 343 (5) (2020).
- R. Aharoni, E. Berger, D. Kotlar and R. Ziv, Degree conditions for matchability in 3-partite hypergraphs, Journal of Graph Theory 87 (1) 61-71 (2018).
- R. Aharoni, D. Kotlar, R. Ziv, Uniqueness of the extreme cases in theorems of Drisko and Erdős-Ginzburg-Ziv, European J. Combin. 67, 222-229 (2018).
- R. Aharoni, D. Kotlar, R. Ziv, Representation of large matchings in bipartite graphs, SIAM Journal of Discrete Mathematics. 31(3) 1726–1731 (2017).
- R. Aharoni, E. Berger, D. Kotlar, R. Ziv, Fair representation in the intersection of two matroids, Elec. J. Combinatorics. 24(4) (2017).
- R. Aharoni, N. Alon, E. Berger, M. Chudnovsky, D. Kotlar, M. Loebl, R. Ziv, Fair representation by independent sets, to appear in "A Journey Through Discrete Mathematics: A Tribute to Jiří Matoušek", 2017.
- D. Kotlar and R. Ziv, Decomposition of bi-colored square arrays into bichromatic diagonals. Journal of Combinatorial Designs, Vol 24 (11- Nov.) (2016) pp 487- 494.
- R. Aharoni, E. Berger, D. Kotlar, R. Ziv, On a conjecture of Stein, Abhandlungen aus dem Mathematischen Seminar der Universität Hamburg, pp 1-9, Halin Volume, 4 January 2017.
- R. Aharoni, D. Kotlar, R. Ziv, "Rainbow sets in the intersection of two matroids". Journal of Combinatorial Theory, Series B. 118, 129-136 (2016).
- D. Kotlar, Distance magic labeling in complete 4-partite graphs. Graphs and Combinatorics. 32(3), 1027-1038 (2016)
- D. Kotlar and R. Ziv, Rainbow sets in the intersection of two matroids: A generalization of results of Drisko and Chappell. Discrete Mathematics. 338(5), 695-697 (2015).
- D. Kotlar, "Computing the autotopy group of a Latin square by cycle structure", Discrete Mathematics. 331, 74-82 (2014).
- R. Aharoni, D. Kotlar, "A Weak Version of Rota's Basis Conjecture for Odd Dimensions. SIAM J. Discrete Math., 28(1), 385–393 (2014)
- D. Kotlar and R. Ziv, Large matchings in bipartite graphs have a rainbow matching. European Journal of Combinatorics. Vol. 38, 97-101 (2014).
- D. Kotlar, " On circuits and serial symmetric basis-exchange in matroids", SIAM Journal on Discrete Mathematics. Vol. 27 (3), 1274-1286 (2013).
- D. Kotlar, R. Ziv, “On Serial Symmetric Exchanges of Matroid Bases”, Journal of Graph Theory 73(3) 296-304 (2013)
- D. Kotlar, "On extensions of the Alon-Tarsi Latin Square Conjecture", Elec. J. Combinatorics, volume 19(4) (2012)
- D. Kotlar, "Parity Types, Cycle Structures and Autotopisms of Latin Squares", Elec. J. Combinatorics, volume 19(3) (2012)
- D. Kotlar, R. Ziv, “On the Length of a Partial Independent Transversal in a Matroidal Latin Square”, Elec. J. Combinatorics, volume 19(2) (2012)
- D. Kotlar, Y. Lavner, Codon bias and translation selection in the human genome. BMC Genomics 7:67 , (2006)
- D. Kotlar, R. Ziv, “On partitioning two matroids into common independent subsets”, Discrete Mathematics 300 239-244 (2005).
- Y. Lavner, D. Kotlar, Codon bias as a factor in regulating expression in the human genome. Gene 345 127-138 (2005).
- D. Kotlar, Y. Lavner, “Gene prediction by spectral rotation (SR) measure – a new method for identifying protein-coding regions”, Genome Research 13, 8: 1930-1937 (2003).
- D. Kotlar. The Regular Irreducible Components of Induced Cuspidal Characters, Journal of Algebra, 174, 729-748 (1995).
- D. Kotlar. On the Irreducible Components of Degenerate Gelfand-Graev Characters, Journal of Algebra 173, 348-360 (1995).
- D. Kotlar, M. Schacher, J. Sonn. Double Covers of Symmetric Groups as Galois Groups over Number Fields. Journal of Algebra 125, 83-99 (1989).