- Dr. Gal Hagit Carasso Romano
- Multidisciplinary Studies
- [email protected]
Sustainability, Environment, Health, Society, Local Government
Researcher and lecturer for Sustainability, local government, and municipal economic sustainable development.
Currently serves as the Head of Sustainability program and Academic director of the cadet program for local government administration at Tel Hai Academic College.
I served as a scientific advisor to Mr. Mordechai Cohen, former CEO of the Ministry of the Interior. As part of this role, I led an interdisciplinary team including various government ministries, Academics, and private bodies to develop tools for municipal economic and sustainable development. Products of this team were presented at the UN Habitat Conference. I have also co-led an OECD workshop on economic development in rural authorities. In collaboration with the director of the Economic Development Division of the Ministry of the Interior, we wrote a study analyzing the economic disparities between local authorities in Israel.
I hold a Postdoctoral fellowship from Columbia University in New York, and a graduate of MIMSHAK Program for Training Scientists as Advisors to Senior Government Officials.
Urban and Municipal sustainable development, Health and environment
Introduction to Sustainability
Health and Environment
Urban sustainable Development
The Machiah Foundation Fellowship for Israeli scientist
Edmond J. Safra Scholarship for Interdisciplinary excellence in the field of Bioinformatics
Israel Ministry of Science – The Eshkol Fellowship Program for outstanding research
The Lindau Nobel Laureate Travel Scholarship award to meet with Nobel Laureates
Tel Aviv University - Scholarship for academic and teaching achievements
The Genetic Society of Israel – Frontiers in genetics. Winner of best poster for 2005
Joan and Jaime Constantiner Travel Scholarship Award to present in Princeton University
Dr. Anat Krauskopf Travel Scholarship Award
Tel Aviv University Scholarship for academic and teaching achievements
Wolf Foundation prize for academic excellence
1. Noga Mostovoy, Gal H.Carasso Romano, Dan Rabinowitz, Sharon Soroker, Nurit Carmi (2021) “The municipal council, my neighbors and me: Social environmental influences in the city”. Journal of Environmental Management doi:10.1016/j.jenvman.2021.112393
2. סיון להבי וגל חגית רומנו (2016), ניתוח הפערים בין רשויות מקומיות בישראל. משרד הפנים
3. Harari Y, Romano GH, Ungar L, Kupiec M. (2013) “Nature vs nurture: interplay between the genetic control of telomere length and environmental factors. Cell Cycle 15;12(22):3465-70
4. Romano GH, Harari Y, Yehuda T, Gottlieb A, Pe'er D., Sharan R., Rupin E., Kupiec M. (2013) "Environmental Stress Disrupt Telomere Length Homeostasis. " PLOS genetics, 9(9): e1003721
5. Kupiec M., Harari Y, Romano GH, Ruppin E., Sharan R. (2013) "Environmental Stress Disrupt Telomere Length Homeostasis. " YEAST 30, 78-78
6. Yona AH, Manor YS, Romano GH, Herbst RH, Kupiec M, Dahan O, Pilpel Y. (2012). “Chromosomal duplication is a transient evolutionary solution to stress” PNAS, 21010–21015, doi: 10.1073/pnas.1211150109.
7. Romano GH, Gurvich Y, Lavi O, Ulitsky I, Shamir R, Kupiec M. (2010). "Different Sets of QTLs Influence Fitness Variation in Yeast." Molecular Systems Biology, 6: 346.
8. Mitchell A, Romano GH, Groisman B, Yona AH, Dekel E, Kupiec M, Dahan O, Pilpel Y. (2009). "Adaptive Prediction of Environmental Changes by Microorganisms." Nature 460, 220-240.
- CV download