- Biotechnology - M.Sc. Program, Environmental Sciences - B.Sc. Program, Water Sciences M.SC
- Thermodynamic and Physical Chemistry Processes
- Water and Wastewater Treatment
- Clays and Clay Minerals
- Adsorption Processes
- Chemical Kinetics
- Spectroscopic Techniques (UV-VIS, FTIR, XRF, etc)
- Educational Aspects of Environmental Sciences
- Thermodynamic and kinetics in sorption and desorption processes.
- Adsorption models to charged and/or neutral surfaces.
- Removal of organic and inorganic pollutants from waters by means of organo-clays, nanocomposites or other sorbents: development of filtration techniques.
- Educational applications of environmental physical chemistry processes
- Use of tailor-made nanocomposites for the removal of suspended materials in food industry sewage (olive mills, dairy, wineries, etc.)
- Additional applications of clays, organoclays and nanocomposites as slow-release platforms (herbicides, fragrance, fertilizers, proteins, medications, etc.).
- Photostabilization and photocatalyzed degradation of chemicals on colloidal surfaces.
Submitted 9 different patents in more than 25 applications. Most of the patents activity was done in the last five years, as can be seen from the dates of the applications. Attached a list of PCT (or last version of provisional applications, in cases where PCT was not yet submitted) and granted patents.
- Rytwo, G. and Y. Gonen (2009) WO/2009/053972 PCT/IL2008/001370 “Modified activated carbon as adsorbent for anionic and cationic inorganic pollutants”, WIPO website, Patent purchased by Toxsorb Ltd., which manufactures sorbents for water treatment according to the technology
- Rytwo, G. (2012) "Method for Pretreatment of Wastewater and Recreational Water with Nanocomposites” WIPO PCT/IL2012/000245, (2017) Granted US 9,546,102, (2018) IL 230108, local phase in Europe USPTO website. License sold to industry, manufactures "NC" according to the invention.
- Rytwo, G. (2014) "Method for Pretreatment of Wastewater and Recreational Water with Nanocomposites and Bridging Polymers" WIPO PCT/IL2014/050738, PCT/IL2014/050738 (2019) Granted AU 2014307558 (3/2019), US 10,273,169 (6/2019) and Israel No. 244020 (6/2020) WIPO website At national phase in several other countries. License sold to industry, manufactures "NC" according to the invention.
- Rytwo, G. (2018) WO/2017/158581 (at national phase) "Methods for Production of Potable Water" https://patentscope.wipo.int/search/en/detail.jsf?docId=WO2017158581
- Rytwo, G., Daskal, G. PCT/IL2015/050944, WO2016042558: A system for treatment of polluted effluents, submitted to National Phase in Israel (251146), USA (15512516) and Europe (2015842324) April 2017 https://patentscope.wipo.int/search/en/detail.jsf?docId=WO2016042558
- Rytwo, G. (2018) US prov. 62/681,855 "Ambient temperature moderation by combining monitoring of heat flux with changes in heat transfer properties of the walls", filed 07.06.2018
- Gutman, R., Rytwo, G. (2017) US prov. 62/588,664 “Acicular clays and bio-composites based thereon for use in treatment of metabolic syndrome and related disorders. November 20th, 2017.
- Rytwo, G. (2019) Granted US Patent No. 10,273,169 (May 2019), Australian Patent No. 2014307558 (March 2019), Israeli Patent No. 244020 (May 2020) and European patent EP14836529 (June 2020) https://register.epo.org/application?number=EP14836529 on “Method for pretreatment of wastewater and recreational water with nanocomposites and bridging polymers”, (based on WO/2015/022695 PCT/IL2014/050738)
- Rytwo, G. (2020) US prov. 63/005,531 “Modified activated carbon as a matrix for adsorption and deactivation of pathogens in masks and air filters” filed 04.04.2020
- Rytwo, G., Daskal, G. (2020) PCT/IL2015/050944, WO2016042558: A system for treatment of polluted effluents, allowed in Europe (2015842324) April 2020 https://register.epo.org/application?number=EP15842324
Attracted over 3$ million of funding over the last 20 years, among them (examples only):
-A grant from the Israel Science Foundation, on "Herbicide/ clay- organic complexes prepared in a mixed hydrophobic/ hydrophilic phase to reduce ecological hazard" (a total of about 200000$ 2005-2009).
- 2007-2009- Industrial support (by "ToxSorb" company) on the use of modified activated carbon for the efficient removal of inorganic pollutants from water and effluent (evaluated as 500000$)
- 2011-2014: A grant from the Ministry of Agriculture, on "Adaptation of a Gouy-Chapman-Stern adsorption model for the evaluation of wastewater pharmaceuticals in soils" (100000$)
-2011-2014: European ECO-INNOVATION 2010 "Mobile Integrated Sustainable System for Treatment of Organic Wastewater" (MISSTOW), a joint project with industry and research institutes from Israel, Spain and Greece. The project had a budget of 1.8 million €.
-2012-2013: A grant from the Israeli Ministry of Economics on the development of platforms for the removal of organic pollutants via adsorption and photodegradation (200000$).
2013-2015 Industrial support granted by ICL Ltd., on the test of coagoflocculation processes for the pretreatment of effluents. The total financial support is evaluated as 1000000$.
-2015-2016: A grant from the Ministry of Economics on the use of clays and biocomposites for the alleviation of "Methabolic Syndrome" (200000$).
-2017-2018: Three internal competitve MIGAL/ICA grants on "Application of clay polymer nanocomposites in potable water treatment", and "Ambient temperature moderation by combining monitoring of heat flux with changes in heat transfer properties of the walls", (a total of 60000$).
-2018-2021: A grant from the Ministry of Agriculture, on "Clay mineral based formulations for slow release of essential oils, aiming thrips control", together with Dr. Shaaltiel, Prof. Dudai & Dr. Ben Yakir. (A total of 210000$ during three years, app. 40% to Prof. Rytwo's research group).
2020- Industrial support granted by GES Ltd., on the use of patented nanocomposites for the pretreatment of water effluents.
2020-2021: Tel Hai College Internal Competitive Grant on COVID19: Hybrid matrices for adsorption and deactivation of pathogens in masks and air filters, 20000 NIS for preliminary results gathering.
Invited presentations in conferences and advanced schools;
Since 2006 I delivered more than 50 presentations in conferences. About 40 of them in International Conferences held outside my country, in six cases as "Invited" or "Keynote" lecturer (2008, 2010, 2013, 2014, two occasions during 2015, 2016, 2017, two occasions during 2018, 2020). Some of those meetings are among the most important conferences in my field of research (2010-Trilateral USA-Japan-Spain Meeting on Clays, 2014 Clay Mineral Society Workshop, and 2015 EUROCLAY15, European Conference in Clay Sciences, 16th International Clay Conference, Asian Conference in Clay Sciences ). I was also invited to deliver an M.Sc. Course in Environmental Remediation at the International Master in Clay Sciences Program (IMACS), supported by the International Association of Clay Minerals Research (AIPEA) during 2016. As a result of the success of the course I had been asked by IMACS to do it (as "Remote Learning") in 2017 and 2018.
Organization of conferences and congresses:
Since 2006 I participated in the organization of several international conferences: (a) Initiator and Organizer of the “Chemistry in Water Treatment and Purification Symposium”, held at the 243rd American Chemical Society National Meeting & Exposition, in San Diego, California, March, 2012; (b) Symposium Organizer of the "Water-Related Medical Geology Issues" held at MEDGEO 2013, 5th International Conference in Medical Geology, Arlington, VA Aug. 25-29, 2013, and (c), Initiator and convener of the symposium on "Environmental Applications of Modified and Natural Clays", held in the 16th International Clay Conference, Granada, Spain 2017. Symposium Organizer for the “Clays in the Environment”, 4th Asian Clay Meeting (online), Thailand, July 2020. In addition to that, member of the steering committee of several conferences in Israel, among them the Ann. Meeting Israel Society of Clay Research, Upper Galilee, October 2011, and 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 5th Annual National Water Conference in Tel Hai College (2012-2017).
Recognized leadership in industrial innovation and environmental aspects:
- (a) A technology I am its senior inventor, that uses modified activated carbon for the removal of heavy metals and oxyanions in industrial and potable is applied by ToxSorb Co., a water technology "Cleantech" company that works since 2008 (company website, additional details), with clients in Israel, Italy and USA (see above, patent #1).
- (b) A technology I am its sole inventor, based on the development of specifically designed clay-polymer nanocomposites for the clarification of water is the basis of several patents (see above, patents #2,3,6), part of them already at National Phase in US, Europe and other places. The license for the use of the technology in wastewater and effluents (patents #2,3) was assigned to ICL Haifa, a global manufacturer of products primarily in three markets: agriculture, food and engineered materials, and one of the largest chemicals companies in Israel. Since 2015 they are responsible for the introduction of the product known as "NC" to the industrial and domestic wastewater treatment in Israel and around the world (additional information in this press release, and at the following advertising movies: 1, 2).
-(c) Negotiations about the funding of a clean-tech startup company based on the photocatalytic degradation technology developed in patents #12 and 16 is taking place (September, 2017). A Channel 10 television report on the technology (in Hebrew) was broadcasted on October, 3rd, 2017.
-(d) 2000-2005 & 2016-2020: Secretary and Head, Israeli Society for Clay Research
-(e) 2009-2013: Chair, Teaching Clay Minerals Committee, International Association for the Study of Clays, AIPEA
-(f) 2017- Member of the Water Standartization Committee at The Standards Institution of Israel.
-(g) 2017-2020: Israel delegate in the Management Committee to COST Action CA16229, European Network for Environmental Citizenship European Network for Environmental Citizenship
1994-1995 Guest lecturer. Tel Hai Rodman Academic College.
1996-2001 Staff member, instructor and lecturer. Tel Hai Academic College.
2001- Senior Lecturer, Tel Hai Academic College.
2003-2006 Dean, Faculty of Sciences and Technology, Tel Hai Academic College
2005-2012 Associate Professor in Environmental Sciences, Tel Hai College.
2006-2009 Head, Environmental Sciences Department, Tel Hai Academic College.
2009-2012 The Cherie & Aaron Raznick Chair for The Study of a Sustainable Man-Environment Relationship in Upper Galilee
2012- Full Professor in Environmental Sciences, Tel Hai College.
2012- Member at the "Biotechnology, Biology, Environmental Sciences and similar disciplines Sectional Committee" at the Israeli Council for Higher Education.
2012- Co-Founder, advisor and lecturer in "Academy in Town Square" - a community oriented project: academic-level courses accessible to general public in Kiryat Shemona. https://english.telhai.ac.il/content/academy-town-square , http://www.israelgives.org/project/1943
2016-2019 Head, Environmental Sciences Department, Tel Hai College
2019-2021 Head, Research Authority, Tel Hai College
2016 M.Sc. course in "Environmental Remediation" at IMACS- International Master Degree in Clay Sciences, University of Poitiers, France.
1994-present Developed and teaches more than 15 courses on Physics, Chemistry, Thermodynamics and Meteorology at several departments at Faculty of Sciences and Technology, Tel Hai College, Israel. Actual courses: Undergraduate- Thermodynamics and Physical Chemistry, First Seminar in Environmental Sciences. Graduate courses: Advanced Chapters in Physical Chemistry, Physico-Chemical Methods in Water Treatment, Selected Chapters in Spectroscopy. International workshop starting in 2021- Sepctroscopy Methods
2012-present Courses at "Town-Square Academia" Community Project: "The Modern Physics' Revolution", "Understanding Weather Parameters", "Understanding Water Pollution", "Daily Thermodynamics". The project is an education initiative in The Upper Galilee offering academic-level courses accessible to general public at a symbolic fee of NIS 30 (less than $10) per course, used to support the organization costs. Additional details on the project at "The Guardian" website , and at this TEDx lecture.
Supervision of graduate students and postdoctoral fellows
2019- Supervisor, Dr. Peter Rendel Post-Doc fellowship at MIGAL institute.
2016- Supervisor of 5 M.Sc. theses at the Water Sciences M.Sc. program and 3 M.Sc. theses at the Biotechnology M.Sc. program Tel Hai College, Israel.
2015-2016 Supervisor, Post-Doc at MIGAL institute (with the support of CEREHA EU project).
2015-2016 Tutorial Committee, Ph.D. student, Instituto Politecnico Nacional, Durango, Mexico
2012-2016 Supervisor of 5 M.Sc. students at the Biotechnology Dept. of Tel Hai College, Israel.
2011-2014 Co-supervisor, Ph.D. student at the Marine Biology Dept. University of Haifa, Israel
2011-2013 Co-supervisor of a Ph.D. student at the Environmental Engineering Department, Technion Institute, Haifa, Israel (interrupted due to student's personal reasons).
2002-2011 Member at the Tutorial Committee for 2 Ph.D. students at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem and 1 student at Tel Aviv University
1997-2012 Co-supervisor of 10 M.Sc. students and a Ph.D. student in the Faculty of Agriculture of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
2009 – 2012, 2016-present Head of "“The Cherie and Aaron Raznick Chair for the Study of Sustainable Relations Between People and the Environment in the Upper Galilee.”
2012, 2015 Award for Excellence in Applicative Research, MIGAL Galilee Research Institute.
2000, 2005, 2010, 2014 Excellence in Teaching Award, Faculty of Sciences & Technology, Tel Hai College.
2011 Invited to present the use of nanocomposites for effluents purification at an event held by Israeli’s President (2011) Mr. Shimon Peres.
2011 At Nobel Prize Ceremony in Stockholm (2011) Mrs. Maya Samuels presented a project performed at my laboratory under my supervision and mentoring.
1999-2002 Sacta-Rashi Foundation Guastella Scholarship ($60000) for excellence in research in academic colleges
1991-1994 Several prizes during Ph.D. studies: Bona Terra Foundation Prize, Fishman-Nadel Foundation Prize, Upper Galilee Prize and Scholarship.
1982-1984 During B.Sc. studies: Dean List and Scholarship, Faculty of Agriculture, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel.
Chapters in Peer Reviewed Books:
- Rytwo, G.; S. Nir; M. Crespin, L. Margulies. (1998) Adsorption and interactions of methyl green with montmorillonite and sepiolite. Proceedings of the 2nd Mediterranean Clay Meeting, Aveiro, Portugal, 1998 2: 220-226.
- Rytwo, G. (2000) The use of clay-organic interactions to improve efficacy of contact herbicides: addition of monovalent organocations to divalent herbicides. Proceedings of the 1st Latin-American Clay Conference “Clays in Volcanic Environments”, Funchal, Madeira 1: 332-344.
- Nir, S.; Rytwo, G.; Undabeytia, T. and Pulobesova, T. (2002) Adsorption of organic cations to clays: Experimental results and modeling in: Organo-clay complexes and interactions. S. Yariv and H. Cross (eds), Marcel Dekker Publ. 193-222.
- Rytwo, G. (2003) Three simple experiments to demonstrate the impact of clay minerals on the behavior of organic pollutants in soils in: "2001. A clay odyssey", Proceedings of the 12th International Clay Conference, Bahia Blanca, Argentina, July 22-28, 2001. Dominguez, G.R, Mas and F. Cravero (eds), Elsevier Science B.V. 561-568.
- Vulkan R., Yermiyahu, U., Kinraide T.B., Mingelgrin , Rytwo G. (2003) Binding and electrostatic attraction of copper and zinc to plasma membrane of wheat root. 7th International Conference on the Biogeochemistry of Trace Elements. Uppsala, Sweden. 15-19, 2003. (eds. G.R. Gobran and N. Lepp), 2: 142-142.
- Rytwo, G. (2004) A worksheet adsorption/desorption model on clays, in Clay Surfaces: Fundamentals and Applications, Wypych F. and Satyanarayana, K.G. (Eds.) in the Series: "Interface Science and Technology book series", Series Editor: A Hubbard, Elsevier Academic Press, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, p. 153-183. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1573-4285(04)80040-1
- Undabeytia, T.; Nir, S.; Rytwo, G.; Serban, C.; Morillo, E.; Maqueda, C. (2005) Modeling adsorption-desorption processes of Cu on montmorillonite and the effect of competitive adsorption with a cationic pesticide, in Reactive Transport in Soil and Groundwater, Nützmann, G.; P. Viotti and P. Aagaard (Eds.) Springer-Verlag Press , Berlin, Germany, p. 79-92. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/3-540-26746-8_6
- Dultz, S. and Rytwo, G. (2005) Effects of different organic cations on the electrokinetic surface charge from organo-montmorillonites - consequences for the adsorption properties. "Clays of Geotechnical and Economical Interest." Swiss, Austrian and German Clay Group –DTTG Annual Meeting. Celle, Germany, October 5th-8th, 2005, DTTG Reports 11, 6-14.
- Nir, S.; El-Nahhal, Y.; Undabeytia, T.; Rytwo, G.; Polubesova, T.; Mishael, Y.; Rabinovitz, O.; and Rubin, B. Clays and pesticides (2006). Handbook of Clay Science. F. Bergaya, B.K.G. Theng, and G. Lagaly (Editors) pp. 685-699. https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-08-098259-5.00022-6
- Shuali, U., S. Nir and Rytwo. 2011. Chapter 15: Adsorption of surfactants, dyes and cationic herbicides on sepiolite and palygorskite: Modifications, applications and modelling. p. 351-374. In Emilio Galàn and Arieh Singer (ed.) Developments in clay science, Vol. 3. Elsevier Academic Press, Amsterdam, The Netherlands. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-444-53607-5.00015-3
- Nir, S.; El-Nahhal, Y.; Undabeytia, T.; Rytwo, G.; Polubesova, T.; Mishael, Y.; Rabinovitz, O.; and Rubin, B. Chapter 5.2: Clays, clay minerals and pesticides (2013). In Bergaya and G. Lagaly (Editors) Developments in clay science, Vol 5B. Elsevier Academic Press, Amsterdam, The Netherlands. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-08-098259-5.00022-6
- Rytwo, G., Chorsheed, L., Avidan, L., Lavi, R (2016). Three unusual techniques for the analysis of surface modification of clays and nanocomposites, in CMS Workshop Lectures Series, Vol. 20, Surface modification of clays and nanocomposites, Chapter 6, p. 73-86, Beall, G. Ed. The Clay Mineral Society, Boulder CO https://doi.org/10.1346/CMS-WLS-20
- Aranda, P., Darder, M., Wicklein, B., Rytwo, G., Ruiz-Hitzky, E. 2018. Clay-Organic Interfaces for Design of Functional Hybrid Materials, in Rational design of hybrid organic-inorganic interfaces, Delville, M.H. Ed., Wiley CH. https://application.wiley-vch.de/books/sample/3527342559_c01.pdf
Papers in Peer Reviewed Journals:
- Mahrer, Y; Rytwo, G. (1991) Modelling and measuring evaporation in a daily drip irrigated cotton field. Irrig. Sci. 12, 13-20. Dx.doi.org/10.1007/BF00190704
- Rytwo, G.; Serban, C.; Nir, S.; Margulies, L. (1991) Use of methylene blue and crystal violet for determination of exchangeable cations in montmorillonite. Clays Clay Miner. 39, 551-555. DOI: 10.1346/CCMN.1991.0390510
- Nir, S.; Rytwo, G.; Margulies, L.; Cohen, J. (1992) Applications of models for cation adsorption to charged surfaces. Romanian J. Biophys., 2, 47-58.
- Rytwo, G.; Nir, S.; Margulies, L. (1993) Competitive adsorption of methylene blue and crystal violet to montmorillonite. Clay Minerals, 28, 139-143.
- Margulies, L.; Rozen, H.; Stern, T.; Rytwo, G.; Rubin, B.; Ruzo, L.O.; Nir, S.; Cohen, E. (1993) Photostabilization of pesticides by clays and chromophores. Archives of Insect Biochemistry and Physiology, 22, 467-486. 10.1002/arch.940220313
- Nir, S.; Rytwo, G.; Yermiyahu, U.; Margulies, L. (1994) A model for cation adsorption to clays and membranes. Colloid Polym. Sci., 272: 619-632.
- Rytwo, G.; Nir, S.; Margulies, L. (1995) Interactions of monovalent organic cations with montmorillonite: adsorption and model calculations. Soil. Sci. Soc. Am. J.59:554-564. 10.2136/sssaj1995.03615995005900020041x
- Rytwo, G.; Nir, S.; Margulies, L. (1996) Adsorption and interactions of diquat and paraquat with montmorillonite. Soil. Sci. Soc. Am. J. 60: 601-610.
- Rytwo, G.; Banin, A.; Nir, S. (1996) Ionic adsorption in the Ca-Mg -Na montmorillonite system. Clays Clay Miner. 44: 276-285.
- Rytwo, G.; Nir, S.; Margulies, L. (1996) A model for adsorption of divalent organic cations to montmorillonite. J. Coll. Interface. Sci. 181.2: 551-560.
- Yermiyahu, U.; Rytwo, G.; Brauer, D.; Kinraide, T. (1997) Binding and electrostatic attraction of trivalent cations to wheat root plasma membranes. J. Membrane Biology. 159: 239-252. https://doi.org/10.1007/s002329900287
- Pulobesova, T.; Rytwo, G.; Nir, S.; Serban, C.; Margulies, L. (1997) Adsorption of benzyltrimethylammonium and benzyltriethylammonium on montmorillonite: experimental studies and and model calculations. Clays Clay Miner. 45: 834-841.
- Rytwo, G.; S. Nir, L. Margulies, B. Casal, J. Merino, E. Ruiz-Hitzky, Serratosa, J.M. (1998) Adsorption of monovalent organic cations to sepiolite: experimental results and model calculations. Clays Clay Miner., 46: 340-348.
- Undabeytia, T.; Nir, S.; Rytwo, G.; Morillo, E. and C. Maqueda (1998) Modeling adsorption-desorption processes of Cd to montmorillonite. Clays Clay Miner., 46: 423-428.
- Kinraide, T.B.; Yermiyahu, U. and G. Rytwo (1998). Computation of membrane surface electrostatic potentials. Plant Physiology, 118: 505-512. https://doi.org/10.1104/pp.118.2.505
- Mishael, Y.G.; Rytwo, G.; Nir, S.; Crespin, M.; Annabi- Bergaya, F. and H. Van Damme (1999) Interactions of monovalent organic cations with pillared clays. J. Coll. Interface. Sci., 209: 123-128.
- Undabeytia, T.; Nir, S.; Polubesova, T.; Rytwo, G.; Morillo, E. and C. Maqueda (1999) Adsorption-desorption of chlordimeform on montmorillonite: effect of clay aggregation and competitive adsorption with cadmium. Environ. Sci. & Technol.33: 864-869.
- Rytwo, G.; S. Nir; M. Crespin, L. Margulies (2000). Adsorption and interactions of methyl green with montmorillonite and sepiolite. J. Coll. Interface. Sci., 222: 12-19.
- Nir, S.; Undabeytia, T.; Marcovich, D.; El-Nahhal, Y.; Polubesova, T; Serban, C.; Rytwo, G.; Lagaly, G.; and B. Rubin (2000). Optimization of sorption of hydrophobic herbicides on montmorillonite preadsorbed by monovalent organic cations: interaction between phenyl rings. Environ. Sci. & Technol., 34: 1269-1274
- Brauer DK, Yermiyahu U, Rytwo G., Kinraide TB (2000) Characterisitics of the quenching of 9-aminoacridine fluorescence by liposomes made from plant lipids. Journal of Membrane Biology, 178, 43-48.
- Rytwo G. and D. Tropp (2001) The use of clay-organic interactions to improve efficacy of contact herbicides: addition of monovalent organocations to diquat. Appl. Clay Sci., 18, 327-333
- Rytwo G., Serban, C. and D. Tropp. (2002) Adsorption and interactions of diquat, paraquat and methyl green on sepiolite: experimental results and model calculations. Appl. Clay Sci., 20/6, 273-282.
- Mishael Y.G., Undabeytia T., Rytwo G., Papahadjopoulos-Sternberg B., Rubin B. and S. Nir (2002). Adsorption of alkylammonium cations as monomers and micelles on montmorillonite. J. Agric. Food Chem. 50, 2856-2863.
- Undabeytia, T.; Nir, S.; Rytwo, G.; Morillo, E. and C. Maqueda (2002). Modeling adsorption- desorption processes of Cu on edge and planar sites of montmorillonite. Environ. Sci. & Technol. 36: 2677-2683.
- Rytwo G. and E. Ruiz Hitzky (2003). Enthalpies of adsorption of methylene blue and crystal violet to montmorillonite. J. Therm. Anal. Cal. 71: 751-759.
- Rytwo G. and M. Tavasi. (2003) Addition of a monovalent cationic pesticide to improve efficacy of bipyridyl herbicides in Hulah valley soils. Pest Management Science, 59: 1265-1270.
- Rytwo G. (2004). Testing the Gouy-Chapman-Stern adsorption model for adsorption of organic cations to soils. Applied Clay Sciences, 24: 137-147
- Rytwo, G.; Tavasi, M.; Afuta, S. and S. Nir (2004). Adsorption of difenzoquat on montmorillonite and the influence on the hydrophobicity of the complex. Appl. Clay Sci., 24: 149-157.
- Vulkan, R., U. Yermiyahu, U. Mingelgrin, G. Rytwo, T.B. Kinraide (2004). Sorption of Copper and Zinc to the Plasma Membrane of Wheat Root. J. Membrane Biology, 202/2: 97-104.
- Rytwo, G.; Gonen, Y., Afuta, S. and S. Dultz (2005). Interactions of pendimethalin with an organo-montmorillonite complex. Appl. Clay Sci., 28: 67-77. Mineralogy 2.784; 4/27
- Rytwo, G.; Gonen, Y., and students of Tel Hai College (2005). An Aquatic Environmental Chemistry Student's Experiment: Influence of Men Activity on Water Sources. J. of Natural Resources and Life Science Education, 34: 49-59 (paper introduced also as Press Release/Science in Action).
- Rytwo, G.; Huterer-Harari, R.; Dultz, S.; Gonen, Y. (2006). Adsorption of fast green and erythrosin –B to montmorillonite modified with crystal violet. J. Therm. Anal. Cal. 84: 225-231. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10973-005-7187-5
- Rytwo, G. and Gonen, Y. (2006). Very fast sorbent for organic dyes and pollutants. Colloid and Polymer Science, 284: 817-820. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00396-006-1467-x
- Gonen, Y. and Rytwo, G. (2006). Assigning the dual mode model to describe adsorption of organic pollutants to an organoclay. J. Coll. Interface. Sci., 299: 95-101. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jcis.2006.01.055
- Rytwo, G.; Kohavi, Y.; Botnick, I. and Gonen, Y. (2007): Use of CV- and TPP- montmorillonite for the removal of priority pollutants from water. Applied Clay Science, 36: 182-190. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.clay.2006.04.016
- Gonen, Y. and Rytwo, G. (2007). A full analytical solution for the sorption/desorption kinetic process related to Langmuir equilibrium conditions. Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 111: 1816-1819. http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jp0657540
- Rytwo, G., Y. Gonen and S. Afuta (2008). Preparation of berberine-montmorillonite-metolachlor formulation from hydrophobic/hydrophilic mixtures. Applied Clay Science, 41: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.clay.2007.09.006
- Rytwo, G. (2008). Clay minerals as an ancient technology: Historical uses of clay organic interactions, and future possible perspectives. Macla, 9: 15-17 http://www.ehu.es/sem/macla_pdf/macla9/macla9_15.pdf
- Rytwo, G., Y. Gonen and R. Huterer-Shveky. (2009). Evidence of degradation of triarylmethine dyes on Texas Vermiculite, Clays Clay Miner., 57: 555-565. http://dx.doi.org/10.1346/CCMN.2009.0570504
- Gonen, Y. and Rytwo, G. (2009). Using a Matlab implemented algorithm for UV-Vis spectral resolution for pKa determination and multicomponent analysis. Analytical Chemistry Insights, 4: 21-27. http://insights.sagepub.com/article.php?article_id=1778
- Rytwo, G. and Gonen, Y. (2009). Functionalized activated carbons for the removal of inorganic pollutants, Desalination and Water Treatment, 11: 318-323. http://dx.doi.org/10.5004/dwt.2009.973
- Ruiz-Hitzky, E.; Aranda, P.; Darder, M. and Rytwo G (2010). Hybrid Materials based on Clays for Environmental and Biomedical Applications. J. Mater. Chem., 2010, 20, 9306-9321. http://dx.doi.org/10.1039/c0jm00432d (Q1 in Chemistry-Miscellaneous and in Materials Chemistry)
- Ganigar, R; Rytwo, G.; Gonen, Y., Radian, A. and Mishael, Y.G. (2010) Polymer-clay mineral nanocomposites for the removal of trichlorophenol and trinitrophenol from water. Applied Clay Sciences, 49: 311-316. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.clay.2010.06.015 (Q1 in Geology)
- Rytwo, G.; Mendelovits, A.; Elihau, D.; Pitcovski J. and Aizenshtein, E. (2010) Adsoption of two vaccine-related proteins to montmorillonite and organo-montmorillonite. Applied Clay Sciences, 50: 569-575. (Q1 in Geology) http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.clay.2010.10.015.
- Rytwo. G.; Varman, H.; Bluvshtein, N.; König, T.N.; Mendelovits, A.; and Sandler A. (2011) Adsorption of berberine on commercial minerals. Applied Clay Sciences, 51: 43-50. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.clay.2010.10.031 (Q1 in Geology)
- Rytwo, G.; A. Rettig and Y. Gonen (2011). Organo-sepiolite particles for efficient pretreatment of organic wastewater: application to winery effluents. Applied Clay Sciences, 51: 390-394. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.clay.2010.12.029 (Q1 in Geology)
- Bluvshtein, N., Mahrer, Y., Sandler, A., Rytwo, G (2011). Evaluating the impact of anthropogenic activity on suspended and accumulated dust: a case study from a limestone quarry. Atmospheric Environment, 45: 1732-1739. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.atmosenv.2010.12.055 (Q1 in Environmental Sciences-Miscellaneous and in Atmospheric Sciences)
- Rytwo, G. (2012). The use of clay-polymer nanocomposites in wastewater pretreatment. The Scientific World Journal, vol. 2012, Article ID 498503, 7 pages. doi:10.1100/2012/498503. http://dx.doi.org/10.1100/2012/498503 (Q2 in Environmental Sciences-Miscellaneous)
- König, T.N., Shulami, S., Rytwo, G. (2012) Brine wastewater pretreatment using clays and organoclays as flocculants. Applied Clay Sciences, 67-68: 119-124, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.clay.2012.05.009 (Q1 in Geology)
- Rytwo, G., Rabinowitz, O. (2012). Behavior of an organomontmorillonite-acetochlor formulation in Hula Valley soils. Mires and Peat, 9: A6 1-6. http://www.mires-and-peat.net/map09/map_09_06.pdf (Q2 in Ecology and in Soil Science)
- Mendelovits, A., Prat, T., Gonen, Y., and Rytwo, G. (2012) Improved colorimetric determination of chitosan concentrations by dye binding. Appl. Spectrosc. 66: 979-982. https://doi.org/10.1366/12-06591a (Q2 in Instrumentation and in Spectroscopy)
- Rytwo, G., Nir, S., Shuali, U. (2012). Preface: Applied Clay Sciences special issue: "Clay and Water Treatment". Applied Clay Science, 67-68: 117-118 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.clay.2012.09.021 (Q1 in Geology)
- Rytwo, G., Lavi, R., Rytwo, Y., Monchase, H., Dultz, S., Kӧnig, T.N. (2013) Clarification of olive mill and winery wastewater by means of clay polymer nanocomposites. Science of the Total Environment, 442, 134–142 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2012.10.031 (Q1 in Environmental Chemistry, Environmental Engineering, Pollution and Waste Management and Disposal)
- Samuels, M., Mor, O., Rytwo, G. (2013) Metachromasy as an indicator of photostabilization of methylene blue adsorbed to clays and minerals. J. Photochemistry and Photobiology –B 121, 23-26. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jphotobiol.2013.02.004 (Q2 in Biophysics and in Radiation)
- Calabrese, I., Gelardi, G., Merli, M., Rytwo, G., Sciascia, L., Turco Liveri, M.L., (2013) New tailor-made bio-organoclays for the remediation of olive mill waste water. IOP Conf. Ser.: Mater. Sci. Eng. 47 012040 (4pp) http://dx.doi.org/10.1088/1757-899X/47/1/012040
- Rytwo, G., Lavi, R., Kӧnig, T.N., and Avidan L. (2014) Direct relationship between electrokinetic surface charge measurements of effluents and coagulant type and dose. Colloid and Interface Science Communications pp. 27-30 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.colcom.2014.06.001 (Q2 in Materials Chemistry and in Surface, Coatings and Films)
- Rytwo, G. and Margalit, S. (2014) A worksheet based model for adsorption of pollutants on sorbents with multiple sites and sorption mechanisms. International Journal of Science and Research, 3 (10) (6pp) http://www.ijsr.net/v3i10.php
- Rytwo, G., Zakai, R. and Wicklein, B. (2015) The Use of ATR-FTIR Spectroscopy for Quantification of Adsorbed Compounds. Journal of Spectroscopy, vol. 2015, Article ID 727595, 8 pages. http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2015/727595
- Litaor, I., Meir-Dinar, N.; Castro, B.; Azaizeh, H.; Rytwo, G.; Levi, N.; Levi, M. (2015) Treatment of Winery Wastewater with Aerated Cells Mobile System. Environmental Nanotechnology, Monitoring and Management, 4: 19-26 doi:10.1016/j.enmm.2015.03.001 (Q2 in Material Science- Miscellaneous, Water Science and Technology, Pollution and Waste Management and Disposal)
- Rytwo, G., Klein, T., Margalit, S., Mor, O., Naftaly, A., Daskal, G., (2015). A continuous-flow device for photocatalytic degradation and full mineralization of priority pollutants in water. Desalin. Water Treat. 57: 16424–16434. http://www.deswater.com/DWT_abstracts/vol_57_35/57_35_2016_16424.pdf (Q2 in Water Science and Technology and in Ocean Engineering)
- Rytwo, G., Olshansky, Y. (2016). On the teaching of the different formulations of the Virial Equation. International Education and Research Journal, 5:81-82. http://ierj.in/journal/index.php/ierj/article/view/288
- Rytwo, G., Ben Moshe, S. (2017). Evaporation of allyl isothiocyanate from clay minerals and organoclays. Applied Clay Science, 137: 30-32 , http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.clay.2016.12.007 (Q1 in Geology)
- Rytwo, G. (2017) Hybrid clay-polymer nanocomposites for the clarification of water and effluents, Recent Patents on Nanotechnology, 11: 181 - 193, http://dx.doi.org/10.2174/1872210511666170125125928 (Q1 in Engineering- Miscellaneous, Q2 in Material Science- Miscellaneous)
- Abdelhadi, S.; Dosoretz, C.; Rytwo, G.; Gerchman, Y., Azaizeh, H. (2017) Production of biochar from olive mill solid waste for heavy metal removal. Bioresource Technology, 244: 759-768. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biortech.2017.08.013 (Q1 in Engineering-Miscellaneous, Waste Management and Disposal, Bioengineering and in other classifications)
- Benjamin, O.; Davidovich, M.; Spiegelman, A., Rytwo, G. (2018) Utilization of polysaccharides to modify salt release and texture of a fresh semi hard model cheese, Food Hydrocolloids, 75:95-106. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodhyd.2017.08.033 (Q1 in Food Science, Chemistry- Miscellaneous, and Chemical Engineering- Miscellaneous)
- Olshansky, Y., Masaphy, S., Root, R.A., Rytwo, G. (2018) Immobilization of Rhus vernicifera Laccase on sepiolite; effect of chitosan and copper modification on laccase adsorption and activity, Applied Clay Sciences, 152: 143-147. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clay.2017.11.006 (Q1 in Geology)
- Ben Moshe, S., Rytwo, G. (2018) Thiamine-based organoclay for phenol removal from water, Applied Clay Science 155 (2018) 50–56, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clay.2018.01.003 (Q1 in Geology)
- Rytwo, G. (2018) Securing the future: Clay based solutions for a comprehensive and sustainable potable water supply system, Clays and Clay Minerals, Vol. 66, No. 4, 315-328, https://doi.org/10.1346/CCMN.2018.064114 (Q2 in Water Science and Technology and in Earth and Planetary Sciences- Miscellaneous)
- Gutman, R., Rauch, M., Neuman, A., Khamaisi, H., Sharavi-Nov, A., Jonas-Levi, A., Konovalova, Y., Rytwo, G. (2019). Sepiolite Clay Attenuates the Development of Obesity and Prevents Hypercholesterolemia and Hyperlipidemia in Mice Fed a High-Fat High-Cholesterol Diet. Journal of Medicinal Food, https://doi.org/10.1089/jmf.2019.0030 (Q2 in Medicine- Miscellaneous)
- Rendel, P. and Rytwo, G. (2020) Photodegradation Kinetics of Caffeine, Desalination and Water Treatment, Vol. 173, 231-242 https://doi.org/10.5004/dwt.2020.24693 (Q2 in Water Science and Technology and in Ocean Engineering)
- Rendel, P.M., Rytwo, G. (2020). The Effect of Electrolytes on the Photodegradation Kinetics of Caffeine. Catal. 2020, Vol. 10, Page 644 10, 644. https://doi.org/10.3390/CATAL10060644 (Q2 in Physical and Theoretical Chemistry)
- Full CV download
A list of presentations, presented by Prof. Rytwo in conferences and scientific meetings during the last years