single faculty member
- Nutritional Sciences - B.Sc. Program
- 04-6914711 04-881714
As of June 2011 Head of the In Vitro Toxicity Lab – MIGAL,
Development of In-vitro essays for reducing the use of animals in research. Current research is focused on development of co- cultures for toxicity assays for the pharmaceutical industry.
9. Teaching at Academic Institutions
Tel Hai College:
1993 – 2000 Zoology Lab: Undergraduate, BSc Degree
2000- Introduction to Human Physiology: Undergraduate BSc Degree.
2000- Physiology of Human Systems: Undergraduate, BSc Degree.
2000- Basic Histology: Undergraduate, BSc Degree.
2010-2011 Physiology of the Digestive System (a chapter of the course Human Nutrition 1), Undergraduate, BSc Degree.
Ohalo College of Education:
2004 - Comparative Animal Physiology: Undergraduate, BEd Degree
2004 - Animal Ecophysiology: Undergraduate, BEd Degree
2004 - The Human Body, Undergraduate, BEd, Degree
2011- Evolution, Undergraduate, BEd Degree.
2002: Sex Determination and Acclimatization of Russian Sturgeon to Northern Israel. Ministry of Agriculture, 320.000 NIS
2005: Maturation control in Russian Sturgeon (Acipenser gueldenstaedtii) For Caviar production and DNA level identification of Sturgeon species. Ministry of Sciences. 100.000 NIS
- Full CV download
1. Zagha, K.A., Borges Filho, O.F., Azzolini, M.K. and Val-Sella, M.V. (1984). Comparative anatomy of the hypophysis of two tropical teleosts: Timbore (Leporinus sp.) and Tucunare (Cichla ocellaris). Braz. Soc. Adv. Sc., 36:719.
2. Sawaya, P., Borges Filho, O., Zagha, K.A. and Torquato, V.C. (1984). Morphology and cytochemistry of the pituitary of immature tucunare (Cichla ocellaris) Braz. Soc. Adv. Sc., 36: 719.
3. Borges-Filho, O., Zagha, K.A., Torquato, V.C. and M.V. Val-sella (1984). Histo-morphology and cytochemistry of the timbore (Leporinus sp) pituitary. Braz. Soc. Adv. Sc. 36:720.
4. Zagha, K.A., Val-Sella, M.V., Torquato, V.C. and Tedesco, Y.M.S. (1986). The gonadotrophic cells of dourado (Salminus maxillosus) during the gonadal development. Xlll Braz. Cong. Zool.
5. Zagha, K.A. and M.V. Val-Sella (1985). Characterization of gonadotrophic and prolactin cells of the teleost Bathygobius soporator. Xll Braz. Congr. Zool. 1985.
6. Iger, Y., Abraham, M., Zagha, K.A. and Golenser, E. (1988). Skin healing in experimentally wounded carp. In: 6th. Congr. Eur. Ichtyol. Bio Ped:116. MTESZ Budapest.
7. Degani, G., Jackson, K. and Marmelstein, G. 1992. The effects of gonadotropine releasing hormone analogue and dopamine antagonist on vitellogenesis and maturation in Trichogaster trichogaster. Second Intl. Symp. on Fish Endocrinology, Saint Malo, p. 23.
8. Degani, G., Boker, R., Gal, E., Jackson, K., Marmelstein, G., Galili, N. Becker, D., Schreibman, M.P. and Abraham, M. 1992. Male control of reproduction in female (asynchronous, multi spawning) Trichogaster trichopterus (Pallas 1770). Proc. Jap. Isr. Symp. on Aquaculture, Haifa and Eilat, p. 15.
9. Goldberg, D., Jackson, K., Yehuda, Y. and Degani, G. 1999. Randomly amplified polymorphic DNA (RAPD) analyses of variations in cichlidae in Israel. Isr. Jour. Zool. 45(2):305.
10. Jackson, K., Goldberg, G., Ofir, M., Abraham, M. and Degani, G. 1999 Cloning, sequencing of GTH-I, GTH-II and growth hormone cDNA of the blue gourami (Trichogaster trichopterus) and their expression during the different stages of oogenesis. 6th International Symposium on the Reproduction Physiology of Fish, Bergen. 197.
11. Degani, G., Jackson, K. and Goldberg, G. 2000. Blue gourami GTH-I, GTH-II and GH gene expression affected by GnRH analog. Abstract. Comp. Biochem. Physiol. Part A 126.
12. Degani, G, Goldberg, D, Jackson, K.2002. The FSH, LH, and Growth hormone in female and male Trichogaster trichopterus cloning and sequencing of its cDNA and analysis of its mRNA expression during oogenesis treatment with GnRH Analog. SSR Annual Meeting Baltimore, Maryland, USA.
13. Degani, G., Jackson K., Goldberg, D. 2004. Transcription of FSH-, LH- and growth hormone in female Trichogaster trichopterus (PALLAS 1770) treated with GnRH analog. VI International Congress on the Biology of Fish, The Molecular Basis of Environmental Adaptation - Manaus Brazil, August 1-5, 2004:45-57.
14. Jackson, K., Abraham, M. and Degani, G. 2004. Cellular Events in Trichogaster trichopterus adenoypophysis during final oocyte maturation. VI International Congress on the Biology of Fish, The Molecular Basis of Environmental Adaptation - Manaus Brazil, August 1-5, 2004:45-57.
15. Svetlana Yom Din, Avshalom Hurvitz, Doron Goldberg, Karen Jackson, Berta Levavi-Sivan and Gad Degani.2006. Growth hormone and insulin-like growth factor 1 expression in Russian sturgeon (Acipenser gueldenstaedtii), during the first stage of growth. I. J A.
16. Degani, G., D. Goldberg, S. Yom Din , K. Jackson. 2006. Gene transcription of hormones in the testis of the blue gourami (Trichogaster trichopterus, Pallas 1770) During Sexual Behavior. I. J A.
17. Levy G., D. Goldberg, S., K. Jackson and G. Degani. 2007. Cloning and expression of the sGnRH in the brain of the blue gourami (Trichogaster trichopteurs, Pallas 1970). 8th International Marine Biotechnology Conference, Eilat, Israel, March 11-16.