single faculty member
- Nutritional Sciences - B.Sc. Program, Nutritional Sciences – M.Sc Program
- Human Nutrition and Health
- Nutritional Biochemistry
Prof. Tamir is a clinical dietitian and a member of the nutritional science department at Tel-Hai College. She was heading the Nutrition Science Bs.c degree program for over 5 years and just recently have opened the Master's Degree Program. In the past, she served as the Dean of the Faculty of Sciences and Technology at Tel-Hai College and just very recently began serving as Vice President for Academic Affairs at the college. She is also the research director of the Laboratory of Human Health and Nutrition Sciences at MIGAL – Galilee Research Institute.
1) Endothelial function in aging and how it is affected by diet and\or nutrients, as well as its influence on cardiovascular related diseases, 2) The effects of functional food on fatty liver, 3) mechanisms involved in obesity, and 4) Recently, our interest and exposure to research questions pertaining to public health, has led us to study the effect of cultural differences on quality of life, state of health and nutrition among elderly Jews and Druze. Regarding our interest in this population, two other research proposals involving the effects of personalized diet-driven microbiota alterations for improving mood Status and sleep in elderly has been approved. In addition, we are involved in other studies dealing with microbiome. One, which deals with probiotic treatment for students with attention deficiency disorder, and the second, is concerned with the effect of probiotic supplementation on the ability to perform intense endurance exercises. 5) Recently our proposal on "Genetic based health promotion intervention for families" was accepted.
Human Nutrition, Dietetics, Seminar in Human Nutrition , Community Nutrition, Drugs-Food Interactions, Scientific writing, Seminar 1+2 in the Nutrition Sciences M.Sc program.
Peer-reviewed Publications (Last 3 years):
- Avidat R, Tamir S, Golan M. Self-Esteem among Druze Women. J Psychol Clin Psychiatry 2(6): 00094.
- Agam R, Tamir S, Golan M. Gender Differences in Respect to Self-Esteem and Body Image as Well as Response to Adolescents’ School-Based Prevention Programs. J Psychol Clin Psychiatry 2015 2(5): 00092.
- Carmi IK, Haj R, Yehuda H, Tamir S, Reznick AZ. The Role of Oxidation in FSL-1 Induced Signaling Pathways of an Atopic Dermatitis Model in HaCaT Keratinocytes. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2015;849:1-10.
- Yehuda I, Madar Z, Leikin-Frenkel A, Tamir S. Glabridin, An isoflavan from licorice root, down-regulates iNOS expression and activity under high glucose stress and inflammation. Mol Nutr Food Res 2015;59(6):1041-52.
- Eryanni S., Khatib S., Levy-Rosenzvig R., Tamir S., Szuchman-Sapir A. 5,6-δ-DHTL, a stable metabolite of arachidonic acid, is a potential substrate for paraoxonase 1. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Cell Biol Lipids 2015;1851(9):1118-22
- Blum, A., Ginat-Maimon, L., Yehuda, H., Geron, N., Ben Ami, M., Tamir, S. Inhibition of inflammation may enhance nitric oxide availability in patients undergoing bariatric surgery for weight loss. Journal of Internal Medicine, 2015; 278(4): 401-409.
- Yehuda I, Madar Z, Leikin-Frenkel A, Szuchman-Sapir A, Magzal F, Markman G, Tamir S. Glabridin, an isoflavan from licorice root, upregulates paraoxonase 2 expression under hyperglycemia and protects it from oxidation. Mol. Nutr. Food Res. 2016, 60, 287–299.
- Steckler R., Shabtay-Yanai A., Pinsky M., Rauch M., Tamir S and Gutman R. Long-Lived a-MUPA Mice Show Reduced Sexual Dimorphism in Lifespan, and in Energy and Circadian Homeostasis-Related Parameters. The Journals of Gerontology Series A: Biological Sciences and Medical Sciences 2016;71(4): 451-460.
- Levi-Rosenzviga R, Beyer AM, Hockenberry J, Ben-Shushan R, Chuyune D, Atiyaa S, Tamir S, Gutterman DD and Szuchman-Sapir A, 5,6-d-DHTL, a stable metabolite of arachidonic acid, is a potential EDHF that mediates microvascular dilation. Free Radical Biology and Medicine 2017 , 103: 87-94.
- Magzal F, Sela S, Szuchman-Sapir A,Tamir S, Michelis R, Kristal B (2017) In-vivo oxidized albumin± a pro-inflammatory agent in hypoalbuminemia. PLoS ONE 12(5): e0177799.
- Harpaz E, Tamir S, Weinstein A and Weinstein Y. The effect of caffeine on energy balance. J Basic Clin Physiol Pharmacol 2017; 28(1): 1–10.
- Pinsky M, Rauch M, Abbas A, Sharabi- Nov A, Tamir S, Gutman R. Long-lived weight-reduced αMUPA mice show higher and longer maternal-dependent postnatal leptin surge.2017, PLoS ONE 12(11): e0188658
- Ofra Walter, Asnat Bobrov, Snait Tamir. Surprising Advantages of Low Self-Efficacy Revealed in a Sports Nutrition Education. Am J Health Behav.™ 2018;42(4):23-33