single faculty member
- Computer Science - B.Sc. Program
- Speech and Audio Processing and Analysis
- Signal Processing
- Speech and Voice Perception
- Machine learning for audio processing
- Scientific Computing
Yizhar Lavner received the B.Sc. and M.Sc. degrees from the Hebrew University, and the Ph.D. from the Technion, Israel institute of Technology.
- Speech and Audio Signal Processing and Analysis,
- Speech and Voice Perception,
- Biological Signal Processing,
- Machine Learning for Audio Signal Processing,
- Scientific Computing.
- Introduction to Digital Signal Processing (199419),
- Machine Learning and Pattern Recognition (199269),
- Applied Math and Scientific Computing (122108).
- Linear Algebra (111102)
- Project (199002)
- Mathematical Models in Biology (1997–2005).
- Digital Signal Processing (1998–2000)
- Introduction to Random Signal Processing (1999–2000).
- Speech and Audio Processing (2002, 2005)
- Algorithms in Computational Biology (2005–2006)
- Senior Member, IEEE (2008).
- Best poster award ISMB and ECCB conference, Glasgow, Scotland, (2004).
- Best student paper award, (22nd IEEE Convention of Electrical and Electronics Engineers in Israel, Tel-Aviv, Israel, 2002, paper co-authord with Gidon Porat.
- Research Fellowship, The Jewish Agency, (2002).
- Research Award, The Jewish Agency and Shutfut 2000, Magbit Canada, (2000).
- The Jewish Agency award for distinguished doctoral studies (1995).
- Distinguished Master Thesis award, The Lipman Hailperin faculty award, Hebrew University, Jerusalem, (1989).
- Full CV download
- "Baby cry detection in domestic environment using deep learning", ICSEE 2016, International Conference on the Science of Electrical Engineering, Eilat, Israel, 2016. pdf
- “An Algorithm for Processing and Analysis of Gas Chromatography–Mass Spectrometry (GC-MS) Signals for Early Detection of Parkinson's Disease”, 28th IEEE Convention of Electrical and Electronics Engineers in Israel, (IEEEI'14), Eilat, Israel, 2014. pdf
- “Spectral and Textural Features for Automatic Classification of Fricatives", Annual Pacific Voice Conference, XXII, PVC East, April 11-13, Krakow, Poland, 2014. pdf
- “A Multi-Stage Algorithm for Fricative Spotting”, Annual Pacific Voice Conference, XXII, PVC East, April 11-13, Krakow, Poland, 2014. pdf
- “Manipulation of Unvoiced Fricatives for Improved Discrimination by Hearing Impaired”, iberSPEECH 2012. pdf
- “Analysis of Finger Tapping Parameters in People with ADHD”, 27th IEEE Convention of Electrical and Electronics Engineers in Israel (IEEEI'12), Eilat, Israel, November 2012. pdf