- Solomon Vishkautsan
- Computer Science - B.Sc. Program
Arithmetic dynamics, number theory, diophantine geometry
PhD from Bar-Ilan University 2008-2013.
Postdoctoral Fellowship at Ben-Gurion University 2013-2014
Postdoctoral Fellowship at Scuola Normale Superiore di Pisa 2014-2016
Postdoctoral Fellowship at University of Bayreuth 2016-2017
Lecturer at Tel-Hai Academic College from October 2017
My research focuses on arithmetic properties of dynamical systems, including bounding and counting of preperiodic points and preperiodicity graphs, fields of definition of dynamical systems.
I teach in the Mathematics Unit of Tel-Hai Academic College:
- Calculus I & II for life sciences
- Modern Algebra for computer science
- Linear Algebra for computer science
- Calculus II for computer science
Minerva Fellowship 2016-2017
Hanasi scholarship for doctoral studies, Bar-Ilan University, 2008-2013.
1) Soifer G., Vishkautsan S. 2010. “Simultaneous ping-pong partners in PSLn(Z).” Communications in Algebra 38: 288-301.
2) Vishkautsan S. 2014. “Arithmetic dynamics on smooth cubic surfaces”. New York J. Math. 20.
3) Vishkautsan S. 2016. “Residual periodicity on the Markoff Surface.” Naz. Lincei Rend. Lincei Mat. Appl. 27: 25-35.
4) Canci J.K., Vishkautsan S. 2017. To appear. “Quadratic maps with a periodic critical point of period 2.” Int. J. Number Theory.
5) Canci J.K., Vishkautsan S. 2017. To appear. “Scarcity of cycles for rational functions over a number field.” Trans. Amer. Math. Soc.
6) Vishkautsan S. 2019. “Quadratic rational functions with a rational periodic critical point of period $3$.” J. Théor. Nombres Bordeaux. 31.1 (2019): 49-79.
7) Canci J.K., Troncoso S., Vishkautsan S. 2019. “Scarcity of finite orbits for rational functions over a number field.” Acta Arith. 190 (2019), 221-237.
- Full CV download
My personal website: https://www.wishcow.com