- Multidisciplinary Studies - B.A. Program, Social Work - M.A. Program
- Counseling to trauma survivors
Avigail Moor, Ph.D., is a psychologist who received her doctoral degree in clinical psychology from the University of Colorado at Boulder in 1991. She specializes in the study and treatment of survivors of sexual violence. Her past and present research focuses primarily on the social context of sexual violence against women and its psychological sequelae. She has also written many articles on the treatment of survivors. Another central area of investigation concerns the psychology of women in general, including the effects of the gender-based social power imbalance on women's mental health and wellbeing. Dr. Moor heads the Gender Studies program at Tel Hai College and is also on the faculty of the Social Work Department. In addition she serves as a psychological consultant to several rape crisis centers in Northern Israel.
· 1986-1988: University of Colorado, Boulder, Psychology Dept. Teaching assistant
· 1988-1990 University of Colorado, Boulder, Women Studies Dept.
· 1998- 2011: Drama therapy program, Tel Hai College, Post B.A. professional training.
· 1997- present: Tel Hai College, Social Work Dept. and Interdisciplinary Studies (in the Gender Studies and Psychology programs).
· Undergraduate courses taught include: Psychopathology, Treating sexual trauma, Gender and Mental Health, Psychology of Women, Violence against Women, Gender Development, and Personality Theories.