Dr. Yossi Guterman
Areas of Interest
In an attempt to evaluate the role of neural plasticity imbalance as an underlying factor in schizophrenic pathology, I am investigating top-down biasing of subliminal priming effects on task switching performance.
As part of a research program on the effects of culture on modes of cognitive functioning, I am investigating the effects of independence/interdependence of self-construal on visual field dependence/sensitivity, reasoning and academic attainments.
Emotions and moods
- Guterman Y., Klein E. (1992) The role of head-movement and pinnae in auditory localization, in schizophrenia and psychosis. Schizophrenia Research, 6, 67-73.
- Guterman Y., Josiassen R.C. and Bashore T. (1992) Attention influence on the P50 component of the auditory event-related brain potential. International Journal of Psychophysiology, 12, 197-209.
- Guterman Y., and Josiassen R.C. (1994) Sensory Gating Deviance in schizophrenia in the context of task related effects, International Journal of Psychophysiology, 18, 1-12.
- Guterman, Y., and Josiassen, R.C. Bashore, T. and Lubow, R. E. (1996). Latent inhibition effects reflected in event related brain potentials in normals and schizophrenics, Schizophrenia Research, 20, 315-326.
- Guterman, Y. (2005). Selective attention effects on the P50 gating., A comment on Kho et al. Journal of Psychophysiology, 19, 72.
- Guterman, Y. Strange beliefs: abnormal experience or bad thinking? (2007) Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease, 19, 959.
- Guterman, Y. “A neural plasticity perspective on the schizophrenic condition (2007) Consciousness & Cognition, 16(2), 400-420.
- Guterman, Y. (2010). Consciousness is still in business. Consciousness and Cognition. 19, 653-655.
- Guterman, Y. (2011). The moderating business of the conscious central executive. Consciousness and cognition, 20, 301-302.
Annual Meeting of the Society for Research in psychopathology Boulder, CO, USA 1990, Exploring the sensory gating phenomenon
Invited lecture, Kansas University, KA, USA 1990 Reafferent Information Processing in Schizophrenia
Annual Meeting of the Society of Biological Psychiatry. New Orleans, FA, USA 1991. Exploring the sensory gating phenomenon: implications for schizophrenia research".
Invited lecture, Tel-Aviv University, Tel-Aviv, Israel 1993 Latent Inhibition in Schizophrenia – new findingsL
The Fifth International Meeting on Cognitive Neuroscience, Jerusalem, Israel 1992 Latent inhibition effects on single trial analysis of event-related brain potentials".
Meeting of the Israel Psychological Association Bar-Ilan University Ramat-Gan Israel 1993. Latent inhibition effects on single trial analysis of event-related brain potentials.
The annual meeting of the society for research in psychopathology, Iowa City, IA USA 2007 A neural plasticity perspective on schizophrenia
The International Congress of Applied Psychology, Melbourne, Australia 2010 . Thinking is advisable, especially when dealing with complex problems.
The second Conference on Cognition Research of the Israeli Society for Cognitive Psychology (2015): Gender moderates self-construal priming effects in visual context sensitivity, but not in reasoning.
(Un)Consciousness: A Functional Perspective. The Jerusalem Conference on Conscious and Unconscious Processes. Executive control of masked priming effects in task-switching.