Areas of Interest
I received my B.Sc. (1986) and M.Sc. (1987) in mathematics from the Technion, and my Ph.D. in Mathematics from the University of Oregon (1992). I have been a faculty member at Tel-Hai College since 1996.
Cmbinatorics: Latin squares, matroid theory, matchings in graphs.
Introduction to computer science (programming in C)
Logic for computer science
Programming in C#
- R. Aharoni, E. Berger, D. Kotlar, R. Ziv, Fair representation in the intersection of two matroids, Elec. J. Combinatorics. to appear.
- R. Aharoni, D. Kotlar, R. Ziv, Uniqueness of the extreme cases in theorems of Drisko and Erdős-Ginzburg-Ziv, European J. Combin. to appear. pdf
- R. Aharoni, N. Alon, E. Berger, M. Chudnovsky, D. Kotlar, M. Loebl, R. Ziv, Fair representation by independent sets, to appear in a volume in memory of J. Matousek. pdf
- R. Aharoni, D. Kotlar, R. Ziv, Representation of large matchings in bipartite graphs, SIAM Journal on Discrete Mathematics. To appear. pdf
- R. Aharoni, E. Berger, D. Kotlar, R. Ziv, Degree conditions for matchability in 3-partite hypergraphs. J. Graph Theory. to appear. pdf
- D. Kotlar and R. Ziv, Decomposition of bi-colored square arrays into bichromatic diagonals. Journal of Combinatorial Designs. to appear. pdf
- R. Aharoni, E. Berger, D. Kotlar, R. Ziv, On a conjecture of Stein, Abhandlungen aus dem Mathematischen Seminar der Universität Hamburg. to appear. pdf
- R. Aharoni, D. Kotlar, R. Ziv, Rainbow sets in the intersection of two matroids. Journal of Combinatorial Theory, Series B. 118, 129-136 (2016). pdf
- D. Kotlar, Distance magic labeling in complete 4-partite graphs. Graphs and Combinatorics. 32(3), 1027-1038 (2016). pdf
- D. Kotlar and R. Ziv, Rainbow sets in the intersection of two matroids: A generalization of results of Drisko and Chappell. Discrete Mathematics. 338(5), 695-697 (2015).
- D. Kotlar, Computing the autotopy group of a Latin square by cycle structure, Discrete Mathematics. 331, 74-82 (2014).
- R. Aharoni, D. Kotlar, A Weak Version of Rota's Basis Conjecture for Odd Dimensions. SIAM J. Discrete Math., 28(1), 385–393 (2014).
- D. Kotlar and R. Ziv, Large matchings in bipartite graphs have a rainbow matching. European Journal of Combinatorics. Vol. 38, 97-101 (2013).
- D. Kotlar, On circuits and serial symmetric basis-exchange in matroids, SIAM Journal on Discrete Mathematics. Vol. 27 (3), 1274-1286 (2013).
- D. Kotlar, R. Ziv, On Serial Symmetric Exchanges of Matroid Bases, Journal of Graph Theory 73(3) 296-304 (2013).
- D. Kotlar, On extensions of the Alon-Tarsi Latin Square Conjecture, Elec. J. Combinatorics, volume 19(4) (2012).
- D. Kotlar, Parity Types, Cycle Structures and Autotopisms of Latin Squares, Elec. J. Combinatorics, volume 19(3) (2012).
- D. Kotlar, R. Ziv, On the Length of a Partial Independent Transversal in a Matroidal Latin Square, Elec. J. Combinatorics, volume 19(2) (2012).
- D. Kotlar, Y. Lavner, The action of selection on codon bias in the human genome is related to frequency, complexity, and chronology of amino acids. BMC Genomics 7:67 , (2006).
- D. Kotlar, R. Ziv, On partitioning two matroids into common independent subsets, Discrete Mathematics 300 239-244 (2005).
- Y. Lavner, D. Kotlar, Codon bias as a factor in regulating expression in the human genome. Gene 345 127-138 (2005).
- D. Kotlar, Y. Lavner, Gene prediction by spectral rotation (SR) measure – a new method for identifying protein-coding regions, Genome Research 13, 8: 1930-1937 (2003).
- D. Kotlar. The Regular Irreducible Components of Induced Cuspidal Characters, Journal of Algebra, 174, 729-748 (1995).
- D. Kotlar. On the Irreducible Components of Degenerate Gelfand-Graev Characters, Journal of Algebra 173, 348-360 (1995).
- D. Kotlar, M. Schacher, J. Sonn. Double Covers of Symmetric Groups as Galois Groups over Number Fields. Journal of Algebra 125, 83-99 (1989).