Animal Science, B.Sc.
The Department of Animal Science provides a breadth of knowledge about biological and technological topics related to raising animals.
Undergraduates with a Bachelor of Science degree from the Department of Animal Science can continue on to doctoral study programs in veterinary medicine.
Students learn an array of topics about animal care, such as:
- How to preserve animals and care for them in their natural environments.
- Medical treatment of animals (required for continuing veterinary studies).
- Raising sport animals, pets and exotic animals, from horses to birds, reptiles and ornamental fish.
- Work in zoos and petting zoos in caring for animals for educational purposes, and as a way to preserve endangered species.
- Production and marketing of equipment, implements, food and medicines needed for raising pets.
Learn more about us